By Edmee Schalkx
Last week in my series “The essential questions you need to ask yourself” we looked at the life categories Work, Financial Situation, Home and Creativity.
When you review your notes, and consider your reflections, how do you feel? You can share your experiences with other people posting your comment on my blog.
In this last delivery of the series of essential questions we will be reviewing the life areas: Spirituality, Health, Life Purpose and Personal Development.
Category 9: SPIRITUALITY
- 1. What/who do you believe in? What are you believes you have about life?
- 2. What is the best thing that ever happened to you? How has this influenced your life?
- 3. Is there something/believe that binds you with a higher spirit? What do you take from this life? What do you give to this life? How can you share it with others?
- 4. Can you easily talk about your believes and religion? Who do you talk to? Who are you teaching?
- 5. What are you most grateful in your life? Do you share your gratefulness with others or you keep it for yourself?
- 6. What are you believes regarding life and death? Do you celebrate births? How do you stand still for the losses you suffer? Do you have rituals to remember loved ones?
- 7. If your life would be a film, what would the title be?
Category 10: HEALTH
For me category health has three components: emotional, physical, and mental. Emotional health is to do with how you are feeling: happy, satisfied, lost, are you allowing yourself to feel. Physical health includes your physical condition and health but also your personal appearance: are you fat, do you like the way you look and dress? Mental health has to do with how well are you at managing stress and if you are tired or full of energy.
- 1. Can you easily talk about your emotions? Who do you talk to? What are you showing to yourself and others?
- 2. Can you turn your emotions into actions? How do you do this? If you do not turn your emotions into actions, what is stopping you? How can you change this?
- 3. How do you want people to perceive you emotionally? Involved, caring, passionate, distant, controlled...
- 1. Are you aware of your overall physical condition? How do you feel?
- 2. Do you take time to reflect on your food habits and overall lifestyle?
- 3. Do you do any sport? Do you enjoy the physical activities you undertake? Walking, visits to the gym, team sports.....
- 4. What do you do to keep healthy?
More about Health Questions here
- 1. With how much stress do you surround yourself with? What do you to keep stress up to a minimum?
- 2. Do you take time for yourself? Short holidays, walks in the park, play with the children, special long baths?
- 3. Do you have a way to dump your mental trash? Yoga, meditation, long walks in the nature, reading spiritual books?
- 4. Do you realise that even when we talk about 3 health components we need to see them as one? How do you complement them?
Category 11: LIFE PURPOSE
LIFE PURPOSE is your destination; this destination does not change through time, it adds value to your life and the lives of those you meet along the way. Mission Statements are plans or short term goals made with the intention to grow and move forward.
So are you:
- 1. Spending your life the way you are meant to? Do you know the meaning of your life?
- 2. Do you move through life excited and exhilarated because you are giving the gifts you were given at birth?
- 3. Are you truly, honestly living up to your potential?
- 4. Or are you still waiting for the big instruction book to drop in your lap that will finally explain how to be happy?
Category 12: PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT
Personal development has to do with the growth that comes within you. This can include your attitude, awareness, self-improvement, ways you solve problems, personal leadership and skills or talents.
- 1. How do you define success? Are you in pursuit of success?
- 2. What interest you? Are you willing to learn to grow?
- 3. What would you like to do/be? What do you need to reach this?
- 4. Do you have a personal growth plan? Do you implement it? Do you do it alone or do you have support?
- 5. If your life would be an university degree which one would it be? And would you also be a minor?
For a complete list of questions, please visit my blog which is in the Congratulations! You Hired a Coach site (www.congratulationsyouhiredacoach.com
Most probably you found some of the questions pretty challenging. My wish is for you use the learning of this trip to reflect on how you live and touch others. There are only 2 more questions you need to ask yourself: what has changed in my life? And how do I want to live my life from now on?
Triggered by the answers and the feelings this trip awoke in you? If you are interested in delving deeper and wider, I invite you to buy my book “Congratulations You Hired a Coach, six steps to achieve your goals and vision”, which is available here.
Best Wish To You All,