By Edmee Schalkx
Last week in my series “The essential questions you need to ask yourself” we looked at questions regarding Family, Friends, Love and Fun.
What do you see when looking at the answers you gave on the category FAMILY and FRIENDS? Have you noticed something? How do you feel? You can share your experiences with other people posting your comment on my blog
This week I want to invite you to ponder on the following questions regarding Work, Financial Situation, Home and Creativity:
Category 5: WORK
Work or study relates to what keeps you busy at the moment
Money and work are 2 parts of our life that generates frustration, energy, challenges, motivates but also de-motivates us. The following questions will help you understand more about your relationship with money and your work and how it is influencing not only your life but the things you are achieving.
- 1. Are do you doing what you like and are good at it? Is this job what you want?
- 2. How do (can) keep your job interesting and keep growing and motivated?
- 3. What is your relationship with your colleagues?
- 4. What can you boss give you for you to be more satisfied with your work? How can you ask for it?
- 5. If money would not be an issue, what kind of work would you be doing?
- 6. In your actual position, what are the talent that make you the best?
- 7. What are the skills you would like to learn? What do you need to do to have them?
Category 6: FINANCIAL SITUATION/MONEY
- 1. What is the meaning you give money? What do you want to achieve with money? – freedom, security, buy things, something else?
- 2. How much money do you need to get by? What do you want to have in 1 year, 5 years, 10 years and 25 years?
- 3. What did your parents teach you about money? Do you thing money is here to be spend? Enjoy it while you can? Or do you need to have a big buffer?
- 4. What is your relationship with money? Do you keep your finances up to date? Do you spend too much or are you stingy? Would you like to change your relationship with money?
Category 7: HOME
Where you live is very important. It is where you find time for yourself, where you feel safe. I like looking at this life area as your “home”. Some people spend more time somewhere else (hotels, offices, etc.) feel that they can find safety and relaxation there. Feel free to make your own choice
- 1. How does your home look like? What kind of atmosphere does it have? Kind of energy?
- 2. Does your home offer you safety? Is it your sanctuary, where you can be yourself and in company of yourself?
- 3. Do people like visiting you at home? Or you prefer to keep home just for you?
- 4. If your house would be a magazine what would it be called?
Category 8: CREATIVITY
Creativity is the process of bringing something new into being. It requires passion and commitment. Creativity brings to our awareness what was previously hidden and points to new opportunities.
- 1. How do you show your creativity? What do you like doing the most?
- 2. Who inspires you? How does he/she inspire you?
- 3. What stimulates your creativity? Do you need to create the environment/opportunity to be creative?
- 4. What is the situation, person, lack of something, that frustrates you the most? Can you find creative ways to handle this?
- 5. Can you turn your creative ideas into actions? How do you do this? If you do not turn your thoughts into actions, what is stopping you? How can you change this?
At my blog in www.congratulationsyouhiredacoach.eu will find a more extensive list of questions. Feel free to share your view by posting in the blog.
Next week we will discuss the following life categories: Spirituality, Health, Life Purpose and Personal Development. Wish you a lovely time and see you next week!